Table of Contents
Finding the most relevant SEO tools to help your business reach the first page of major search engines can be overwhelming, with many available options.
To create the ideal game plan, you will need software that helps you with rank tracking, measuring monthly traffic, conducting competitor analysis, keyword research, and content marketing. Some of the picks on our list can perform all these tasks, and others only have one function.
This guide will introduce and review all the choices you have along with their advantages and disadvantages. We realize that not everyone has the same budget, so there will be free SEO tools and paid software for small businesses.
7 Best SEO Tools For Small Businesses
Anyone with a small business who wants an online presence should add a Google Analytics tag to their site. It’s free and helps you get a lot of information about the people visiting your page and interested in your business.
GA is free to install and gives you an in-depth look at prospective customers navigating your site. Information you will get about them includes the country they are from, what pages they like the most, how many seconds or minutes they stick around, and the order in which they read articles or sales pages.
The limit per email is the ability to set up 100 analytics accounts and can build anywhere from 1 to 50 properties on every Google Analytics account you have.
- A free SEO tool with the best tracking features
- Set up is easy and takes only 5 to 10 minutes
- Own multiple websites under the same account
- Challenging to learn if you are not tech-savvy
- Doesn’t follow E.U Data Protection Laws
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is one of the best small business SEO tools on the market, and it’s free. Its features include monitoring keyword traffic, troubleshooting, and structural maintenance.
GSC is a powerful search engine optimization tool that lets you keep track of your online presence and prevent future technical issues. To get started, log in using your Gmail credentials, set up a website property, and get your website verified using 1 of 3 options available.
Google Search Console can also help you submit sitemaps, update pages after adding new content, ensure all pages on the site are indexed, keep the site mobile-friendly, identify where you rank for specific keywords, and study clicks versus impressions.
- Data is accurate and helps you make informed decisions
- User-friendly UI for beginners
- Identify technical issues quickly
- Unable to submit HTML sitemap
- Occasionally average position inaccurate
Rank Math is a respected WordPress SEO plugin packed with many features that help you set up and optimize your website to ensure every page of your digital property ranks in the search engines.
- It comes with a setup wizard that takes you by the hand to customize the fundamentals of your website.
- It has a WordPress editor that analyzes your site using the top 30 SEO ranking factors.
- Scans your entire site for broken links (404s) and automatically redirects them to relevant pages.
- Get a sample of what your post will look like in the SERPs (search engine result pages), preview rich snippets, and get a preview of what to expect your post will be viewed on social platforms.
- Easy to set up and install in minutes
- Customer support is knowledgeable and quick to respond
- Excellent keyword research and comparison tool.
- Challenging to migrate to other SEO plugins
- Incompatible with a few apps since the plug-in is moderately new.
Semrush is the Swiss army knife of SEO tools for small businesses because it can do everything. It’s mostly known for its keyword research tool, backlink analysis, website auditor, and competitor analysis.
It’s the leader in its space for small business SEO software and can also serve customers in the PPC and SEM industries.
- It provides a step-by-step audit report for your website with many improvement suggestions.
- Gap Analysis can assist you in finding keyword ideas your direct competitors are ranking for that your site is not. It also helps you improve the content you already published by suggesting more keywords you can use to lengthen your article so you can provide more value.
- Compare your site with others ranking below or above you on Google search results. It will analyze their backlinks, approximate monthly traffic, and keyword rankings so you can enhance your current SEO strategy.
- Shorter learning curve than Ahrefs
- Large Database updated daily with easy-to-comprehend metrics
- Site Audit reports give easy-to-follow instructions
- More PPC data available than on other platforms
- Broken link building is not easy to follow
- Free Trials forces you to provide credit card information and is only seven days
- Not as mobile-friendly as Ahrefs
Ahrefs (Top Tool for Keyword Research)
Ahrefs is one of the best search engine optimization tools on the market, providing accurate results when needed. Features include backlink research, a rank tracking tool, site auditing, and overall site analysis.
- The keyword explorer tool gives you access to a massive database of terms users search for depending on the type of business you’re in. It also lets you know how difficult the keyword is to rank based on your site’s authority and shares information you can use to study trends in your industry.
- Study the best-ranking content in your niche using the Ahrefs content explorer that will tell you the best sites to get backlinks from and the low-competition content keywords you can try to rank for on your website fast.
- Audit Core Web Vitals so you can improve your site speed
- Easy to use broken link analysis tools for small businesses
- Adding users is affordable
- Short free trial
- Plans are expensive
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog is an SEO tool that crawls web pages to check for technical issues that may hold your site back. This is the only tool on our best SEO software list for technical website experts. It is available to download on both Windows and macOS or even Ubuntu if you prefer operating systems that are less mainstream.
- It allows you to visually look at your site’s architecture and see how its pages are linked.
- You have access to a free version that gives you the ability to crawl a maximum of 500 URLs.
- Scans thousands of pages on your site to review your site titles, meta descriptions, category tags, word count, etc.
- Easy to learn interface
- Connects with google keyword planner and Google search console
- It can’t function in the cloud
- Outdated UI look
SEOquake is an SEO software you can use with your Google browser, and it’s the most downloaded chrome extension in the marketing industry.
With this extension, you get instant access to SEO metrics with the click of one tab. It won’t let you deep dive and give you the same amount of information Semrush can, but it’s still useful. You can use it for free and get tips on improving the domain you are analyzing while performing an audit on your web page.
- Scan competitor sites and get all the insight you need.
- Study the keyword density of an entire site to determine which words you need to remove from your article and which ones can stay.
- The initial 100 pages of the audit are free of charge
- Can look at display add information
- Provides thorough info to improve the website
- Not enough on-page information
- Keyword density percentage is not reliable
Summing It Up
SEO software for small businesses can make your life easier as an owner. They help you find customers and study your competition’s moves so you can outrank and out-earn them.
The seven tools on this list should be all you need to run successful local SEO campaigns for your business if you implement well-researched strategies that lead to solid results.
There are no comments yet.